Thursday, February 16, 2006

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME...

...notsomuch. Yesterday I actually had a not blog-worthy day. Got up at 4 with Liam, dealt with a grumpy x, went to work all day, came home, ate dinner, and went to bed. Isn't that great?
Today we had another oncologist appointment, which I will describe later, but today I thought I'd write about something DIFFERENT than me & bc for a (welcome) change:

My mom's car was stolen on halloween. They found it wrecked about a week later and it's been in the body shop ever since. As is common, she received TERRIBLE customer service from the body shop-- they never got back to her and made tons of false promises about when it would be ready. (The original estimate was 1.5 weeks). A few days ago (3 months later), her car was finally done. When she arrived, the body shop guy told her she needed to sign all the paperwork and pay the deductible. Before she followed him into the office, she asked for the keys so she could check out her car-- and proceeded to get in and drive away. The body shop guy has left her tons of increasingly frantic messages.
She says she'll get back to him in a few months!

As my friend told me after hearing this story, "At least you come by it honestly." :)

7 Comments:

At February 16, 2006 8:51 PM, Blogger bmacpiper said...

Ahhhh, Linda....
This is DEFINITELY the same woman who used to douse us with full glasses of water for no apparent reason while we tried to do math in your room. :) And who used to terrorize Genessee with a red Audi.

But I say, good for her!! Maybe she can pay him an hour before the small claims court appearance, thereby thwarting his attempts...

Remind me sometime to tell you my story of justice at the Mexican border...I'm still giddy and it's been four years ago...one of the rare moments in life when people get what they deserve. And this story (of your mom) just got added to the very short list...

bmc :)

 
At February 16, 2006 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what Mom did was great. But if we were still married, I'd have been worried to death by what she did. I guess divorce sets you free...and teaches you some things. [Hmmm. I just realized that if we were still married, I would have been the one dealing with the car repair. Another benefit of divorce!]

 
At February 17, 2006 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn -

Thanks for sharing - Linda certainly has Moxy! When I am beaten down, I wish I could even think of doing something that brazen, let alone have the guts to do it. Wow! One thing is for sure - Linda has a BIG set of ovaries.

:)
Karlynn

 
At February 17, 2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caorlyn (and Linda) -

My brain is really tired today but I think 1.5 weeks may actually be close to 3 months in dog years (just kidding). In order to avoid the long arm of law perhaps Linda should leave the car in a bad part of town with the keys in the ignition and a big sign that says "please help yourself"...

Have a good weekend.

Linda

 
At February 17, 2006 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now we know why Cari has so much hutspah (sp?).
You go, girls!
Mego

 
At February 18, 2006 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's mom for ya...I wouldn't expect anything less :-) Let's just hope she doesn't go to jail!

 
At February 20, 2006 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is anyone but me excited by the fact that you had a "not blog-worthy" day? Hurray!!! and here's looking forward to the many to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home