Thursday, June 15, 2006

SING IT WITH ME NOW...

...mamma called the doctor and the doctor said "NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPIN' ON THE BED!!" (now if I could only get that song out of my mind...)
Wonderful Pammy joined me for my last chemo session and we amused ourselves doing (easy) crossword puzzles and decorating "chemo cookies" for the nursing staff. Carol stopped by to deliver "Bubbles" (monkey #8). Good fun was had by all.
Now I should be feeling better and better until (remark your calendars) July 28th, when I'm scheduled for belly boob surgery. Wow. 6 weeks. We should start a pool on what my new hair will look like. Hopefully the good news trend will continue, as tomorrow Liam has a follow-up appointment and tests to reevaluate if he still needs oxygen. (Fingers crossed)

In other news, it's been really hot here in denver and I've been going bare-headed more and more often. (I've got to tell you, temperature control is a huge advantage of not having hair) I'm still quite self-conscious with the general public, and pretty much limit my head-commando to at home, but, as Pam pointed out, I used to breast-feed pretty much anywhere, so you'd think I'd get over it. Also, last night, someone shattered our car window. Bummer, but I was pretty much completely unphased. It is only a car window, afterall. I truly hope I can maintain this perspective long after I forget this pain. (Fingers crossed)

11 Comments:

At June 15, 2006 3:58 PM, Blogger bmacpiper said...

Wheeeeeeeee!!!!! So glad that this phase is past. It may still be uphill, but at least now there's not someone waiting with a bat at the top every time. :)


I have been thinking about an irreverent version of "monkeys jumping on the bed", but haven't completed it yet. I'll let you know when I do. It probably won't be for audiences under 18...but we'll see.

You rock, and we're all behind you. Enjoy your "time off" (yeah, right...) and reabsorb some of that great energy around you while you can!!! The sled is picking up momentum.

love you guys,
bmc :)

 
At June 15, 2006 3:59 PM, Blogger bmacpiper said...

P.S. Happy Velcro Day!!
bmc :)

 
At June 15, 2006 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn - YAHOO! The cookies look great and so do you. I just saw the summer dress code e-mail for the Corporate office - as expected, I still have to wear a suit and pantyhose on a daily basis (I think underwear is still optional as it was not in the memo). I really have the overwhelming urge to wear flip-flops to work.

I hope Liam has a good visit to the doctors tomorrow. We spent Sunday in the ER - mountain + mountain bike = broken bones for my hubby. It was all quite surreal at the same time. It's not so funny now as I realize I have to cook and clean and dress him, etc. It has made me realize how demanding it must be to be a parent and how truly amazing you are for being one and bravely kicking cancer. You ROCK!!!

Have a great day!

RBW Fan Club President - Pasadena

 
At June 16, 2006 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!

FYI, my aunt who went through chemo had stick straight hair her entire life. And it grew back curly... go figure.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Liam's visit with the doctor today goes well!

Rock on!
Sophie

 
At June 17, 2006 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a good day. It's a scorcher here in sunny California (over 100 degrees). I was justing thinking about you and thought I would take this opportunity to say hello.

Sending you HAPPY THOUGHTS!

RBW Fan Club President - Pasadena

 
At June 17, 2006 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No more monkeys - FANTASTIC! :) Glad you had such a great visit with Pam - and sending Liam lots of positive thoughts too.

Sending lots of hugs and love,
Karlynn

 
At June 19, 2006 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the end of your Chemo sessions! You're surgery is scheduled for the same days as Peru's inauguration of the "new" president {Alan Garcia who was just elected has already served as President before). And speaking of Peru, we also recently had our window broken, but that was while 4 people were in the car and my sister-in-law's purse was stolen.

...Random sharing from the southern hemisphere.

Hope Liam's appt goes well ... and a belated Happy Father's Day to Jim.

Much love,
Katherine

 
At June 19, 2006 1:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOOOOHOOOO! Happy Dance Time! I hope you are starting the ascent from the pits of chemo to never return again. I hope you are feeling better and better every day, gaining strength, confidence, and joy. I hope things are good with Liam too.

By the way, my hair came back darker and curly (at least curly for awhile). It will be interesting to see if yours changes at all.

All the best to you!

 
At June 19, 2006 3:30 PM, Blogger abigail said...

Hey Carolyn,

I just got around to reading your blog..glad I did! You write really well. I'm starting chemo on thurs. oh joy! I'm glad to hear you're on the tail end of it, it's almost like having a big sister (not that I'd know, i only had brothers...). OK, an idealized big sister...heh... And I'm really glad to see it hasn't adversely affected your sense of humor.

Anyway, enjoy the International Week of Denial. I did...

Lorien (abigail)

 
At June 20, 2006 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another milestone on the road to recovery! Great news! Keep it up! Or to steal an Oprah-ism, "You go girl!"

phil

 
At August 17, 2006 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home