Friday, January 20, 2006

YOU HAVE AN OWIE IN YOUR BOOB?

The other morning, unprompted, Alexander (3 in March) asked me, curious, “Mommy, you have an owie in your boob?” We hadn’t spoken to him directly about anything, but hadn’t rushed him out of the room either, so I wasn’t too surprised.
“Actually,” I told him, “I have a bump. Do you want to feel it?” Big eyes and a solemn nod as I guided his little fingers to my spot of infamy.
After which he lifted up his shirt and pointed to his own chest “Yook Mommy, I have a bump too.” “Nope” I told him “Only mommys can get these bumps, and I’m going to go to the hospital to get it fixed”.
“Daddy get a bump?”
“Nope.”
“Xander get a bump?”
“Nope.”
His face crumpled and he threw himself down on his pillow “I want a bump!!” he wailed.
(This is the same reaction that he had when I told him my sisters’ dog parker couldn’t come to Mexico with the family).
I guess he’s not too worried about me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home