Tuesday, January 17, 2006

CIRCUS OF CANCER

Tues I worked at home, which I often do, but apparently that’s not the greatest idea at the moment. I always joke with my sister that she’s wussy because she needs to be around people, but apparently that’s one of the side effects of my diagnosis. Alone with your thoughts is not always the best place to be, I’m finding. However, the highlight of the day was learning about Kelly Corrigan through her website www.circusofcancer.org. She is a young mother of 2 who is a Stage III survivor; her web page is for friends of women with breast cancer. It has some great ideas and beautifully written pieces about her experience. When I emailed her to see if she would mind me referencing her site, she almost immediately wrote back with much appreciated offers of help and encouragement.
One of the major advantages of this situation is that I get to meet these extraordinary brave, strong, and amazing women who I likely wouldn't have under different circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home